Keep the cold away

It is not winter yet, but I am getting ready. My son always ends up having to take a couple of rounds of antibiotics, because any little cold ends in pneumonia. I am getting better at preventing this and hopefully we will have a good winter. Here is what I am using to get him through the winter.

Nasal spray with xylitol - really amazing. I wrote about this before, still the best remedy I've found for runny noses. You can buy it, or make your own using this recipe. More about xylitol benefits, uses, and safety here and here.
Zinc, vitamin C and echinacea - for about 10 days to increase metabolism. I like the lozenge by Windmill, they have a good amount of zinc.
Elderberry syrup - every day or when the cold starts. You can buy it, but also make your own using this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment